It has been quite a long time since my last blog post. I am afraid this post could be just a little bit too long. That’s why I want to start off with a summary: I created a small tool called LibO Tankstelle [LibreOffice gas station], which has been used at Cebit, updated SI-GUI and BiBi-GUI. And I need YOU: You can help me test and improve Bibi-GUI. @Offtopic: I made a small game FYI
Long version after the break:
Continue reading SI-GUI and BiBi-GUI updates
Yesterday v2.1 has been released.
- Added some languages. Now available:
- Da (New)
- De (Updated)
- En (Updated)
- Es (New)
- Fr (Updated)
- Sl (New)
- Added Help (Thanks to Rainer)
- Added Notify Icon wich displays useful information (hopefully)
We are proud to announce the first stable version of “LibreOffice server installation GUI”
- Some settings (Language and some paths) will be saved automatically
- Installation in an automatic generated subfolder is possible now
- Available languages: De and En (Fr is still not perfect)
- Some behind the scene things:
- We are at github
- We need some tester😉
- We need feedback😉
So, now everything should work as expected….
You can download the program right here. Feedback is highly appreciated…
With this version you can:
- Parallel install LibreOffice without command line
- Download the LATEST master build with only one click
- Edit the bootstrap.ini in order to not override your existing profile
LibreOffice introduced the new “Online Update”.
Why have I named this post “Auto-update” ?
Well, if you want to, you easily can turn the Online Update to an Auto Update. All you have to do is changing at least one option. (Do not worry, the maximum is two) At first open the Options dialog ( Tools –> Options…). In this dialog open the Online Update settings page.
Make sure, that “Check for updates automatically” is checked and “Download updates automatically” should be checked in the same way. (See picture above). At this point you may change the download destination to a better destination…
So – now you have transformed “LibreOffice Online-Update” to “LibreOffice Auto-Update”.