Just a small update: Downloading works now –> PASTEBIN (Do not worry, this is not the final UI 😉 )
I am still thinking whether to code the UI in JavaFX or Swing. Anyway, I am thinking of a tabbed UI
“Download” –> Downloading
“Install” –> Installation
“Manage” –> Create shortcuts & delete installations (on Windows a “Try to fix problems” (which installs the MS C++ redistributables shipped with the current version). I think IN VERY FUTURE VERSIONS Jay’s cleanup script would be nice to implement
I am neither dead not did I abandon LibreOffice :). I simply lacking time. Anyway SI-GUI just got SI-GUI. So “LibreOffice Server Install GUI” (which I guess was against 3rd party tools branding guideline) got “Separate Install GUI” (Thanks for the name BTW 😉 ). It has the same bugs (and maybe due to the name change a bit more).
I admit I try to monetize SI GUI a bit, in the sidebar of my blog you can find links to my Amazon wish list or a direct link to gift cards. On the download page as well as on the sidebar there is a “paypal donate” button. Feel free to use them (Paypal has a quite high fee). This software will ever be free and I will continue to support it in the future, no matter if you use them or not.
Thanks for not closing the page up to now, here is one last thing. Close before Christmas I collected the stats for SI-GUI again: LINK
This blog post and the changes @ SI-GUI have been planned to go live before Christmas, but thanks to university I did not find time.
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORLD ABOUT THIS
I managed to get the update working, but it installs as a “new” program. So please manually uninstall
“Seperate Install GUI” (Spelling error – Sorry)
“Server Install GUI” (After updating to “Separate Install GUI”)
And any version which has a ([NUMBER]) in it (like “Server Install GUI (2)”)
It does not harm, if you keep using this, but they won’t get updated. So “Separate Install GUI” (as seen in the following screenshot) is the “future” version of SI-GUI
I am looking forward to see your comments. I will publlish the changes to git after publishing this post 🙂