We had this before, but still I had ideas how to simplify things more, and that’s why I did minor changes to the UI (okay… Changed size of the main form + added one button + changed size of 2 areas (Shortcut and bootstrap.ini)
As always I am interested in your opinion and feedback 😀
Here are the screenshots:
Edit Bootstrap.ini UI
So and now some other news I am really happy about:
- The rework of the help seems to be finished soon (Thanks to Ken Biondi)
- I am at the LibO conference in Milan 😀
- As I am too late to send in my proposal I really hope to get a “lightning talk” slot –> Talk about SI-GUI
That’S it for today
In 18.104.22.168 or “todays evening edition” I included a patch, which made it possible to localize the help.
As I am writing this on my iPad I will keep it short:
Is anyone willing to update the help in English and / or a local help?
Here you can find the current help page,
Any volunteers? (For me as developer of this program it is quite difficult for me to write an easy to understand help….)
Thank you 🙂
Some time ago I started collecting stats about the usage of SI-GUI. Many of you took part (opt-in) and now I want to tell show you the numbers I see. I wrote a small (<16KB) C# program, which allows aggregating the data and produces this very HTML files. All of the files I publish can be found here. If you want to jump to the one I published at time of writing this, feel free to use this link.
Some things I wondered about:
- Most people use SI-GUI in the default language (which should be the language of your OS), which is good 🙂
- A lot of people use the program in Russia and Japan, but no localizations are available for the language spoken in the country….
- Is there anything to do from my side to help you performing the parallel install (Going from 30 -> 26 -> 24) Only 80% of the parallel installs are finished
- Maybe (and I hope that) submitting “Save bootstrap” does not work. From Open to Save this filer (which is highly recommended for testing purpose) is from 29 [More than the last step….) ->9 ONLY 31% of the installations are changed that way!!
Any questions?? Please comment!