Just a few questions I would be interested to hear am answer.
- How often do you change the root folder for your parallel installations? (How often do you change the folder right beneath the “should subfolders be created automatically”?)
- What should be the default folder for the above option? (Empty not allowed)
- Do you need a list of available helppack languages? Would it be acceptable to connect to the internet for fetching the possible helppack language or do you prepare it hardcore.
- Do you need the option not to touch bootstrap.ini file?
- Would you like to have a Linux version?
- Do you want an Android version (parallel installation does not work on Android, it c only be used to download APKs and offer them to be installed)
- Yes duplicate.. please don’t answer! Would you be using it on Linux as well?
Thank you for your feedback! Repository of the re-implementaion!
I have not talked mich about SI-GUI statistics lately so here some numbers 😉
Since logging every action (this can be turned off)…
- 6990 parallel installation have been started (and 6022 of them finished successfully)
- 6327 downloads have been started with 4833 fining their way in the download statistics [if someone has problem downloading LibreOffice, please tell me]
- Most people use English (4338), French (1669), Spanish (1251) and German (1327)
There have been SI-GUI version with bugs in reporting, which could hint to the numbers are not 100% accurate (to low and not to high BTW)
I hope it is still useful for the 33 people, which used this tool in the last week. Do you think it will stay relevant when auto updating nightly builds are implemented?
As you know I often publish things how good Microsoft office adheres to it’s own standard.
It should be known that LibreOffice needs to produce non-conform OOXML (docx,xlsx etc.) files to be able to open files created with Microsoft Word.
This time linking to the commit message of one of our developers as a proof 😉