It has been quite a long time since my last blog post. I am afraid this post could be just a little bit too long. That’s why I want to start off with a summary: I created a small tool called LibO Tankstelle [LibreOffice gas station], which has been used at Cebit, updated SI-GUI and BiBi-GUI. And I need YOU: You can help me test and improve Bibi-GUI. @Offtopic: I made a small game FYI
Long version after the break:
Not much to say about that, have a pic [made by floeff) for you:
Just a background-update, but necessary. I just didn’t want to publish a new version after the master switches to a new branch, so I fetch the list of version to update as well :) [Year, you need an internet connection in order to get the possible downloads ;)
Anyway, the file is located @ http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/si-gui/.dlinfo/info.txt
A pic of Si-GUI as well:
We are still not finished yet. Bibi-GUI is missing:
PS: Do not fear the error at startup, just means “No settings found)
Okay, the UI got worse :) BUT it is very functional. Here we are at the point, where I do need your help. Please continue reading this post, further information can be found here.
What I basically did (or am doing) is re-coding git bisect. And that’s the problem. I can not be 100% sure, that the algorithm the program uses is correct. Theoretically it should work with Windows/Linux/MacOS [you will need Mono [except Windows]].
If you follow the “Source”-link, you will find a short introduction as well :). One thing I want to mention here as well: If you are not on Windows, you have to edit the configuration by hand. After a try you must close the app, safe your changes to the config-file and restart the app. “Check setup” is your friend here ;)
The link above points to a QA-easyhack – feel free to assign it yourself.
Thanks for reading to this point,
Looking forward to hear from you all :)
PS: I am studying now [Currently second semester,] I have to invest a lot time into my study, so please do not expect any big innovations…