Today is the time to announce the biggest tutorial I have made for LibreOffice yet.
Up to today It has never been so easy to get the daily-bisect repo with LATEST and OLDEST tags. So why do not check it out now! Do you not have Linux? You may try to create a virtual machine running Ubuntu. (Tested with 13.10) Should be working with other 64-Bit Linux as well.
Waiting to hear your reactions ;)
I really want to give everyone one big chance, you just have to accept, that it is not perfect now, but you can help to improve the 4.0 release of LibreOffice…
So there are some ways:
1) You 100% know how you want to install a testing build properly
I will give you the links for alpha1+ and (just to be sure) a link to bugzilla, with me automatically added to CC…
2) You are not sure 100% how you want to install a testing build properly or configure it.
I am going to show it using my program, but it basically is this tutorial.
- Download my program
- Press Download latest master
- Configure the installation directory
- If you want to have a subfolder created automatically, check the check box. A name has been created automatically, but you can change it
- Click: Start installation
- After installation seems to be completed and you don’t want to have your profile used (and maybe damaged), click open bootstrap.ini and follow the instruction shown in the tool-tip when hovering over the large texfield. (Don’t worry, you just have to copy one thing – so don’t worry)
- Open the folder you installed LibreOffice to and open the folder “program”. Double click soffice.exe and you are done.
Your LibreOffice 4 build has been installed parallel to your normal LibreOffice installation with a separate profile.
You can submit bugs in two ways:
However, if you have a question, don’t hesitate and ask me :)