It has been a reasonably long time since my last post, but there are a lot of things going on.
Beside of a Windows only game I am working for, LibreOffice Server Install GUI got continuous improvements. Currently the source of LibreOffice Server Install GUI is hosted at both, GitHub and LibreOffice repositories. It is planned not to host the binaries at the freehoster they are hosted currently in the near future. I really hope, that there are no access problems then.
BTW: During the next few months I am going to publish a so called “Fachbereichsarbeit” (pre-scientific paper) about OpenSource. I hope you like this paper, although it is written in German…
Something different now:
Does anyone of you know a service for a telephone conference for free and as open as possible? I only know the following ones:
- Google Hangouts
- http://conversat.io/ + https://next.andbang.com/ later on??
Linz (Austria) – Reisisoft releases LibreOffice Server Install GUI 3.0
LibreOffice Server Install GUI v3.0 is an exciting release. It has a whole set of new features, some of them have been inspired by Harald Köster, who presented a list of 15! Items; HK means “inspired by Harald Köster”. So, let’s skip the quotations of people who made this possible and just list them up.
- Da – Leif Lodahl
- Es – Adolfo Jayme Barrientos
- Fr – Sophie Gautier
- He – Yaron Shahrabani
- Pt – Carlos Moreira
- Sl – Martin Srebotnjak
Without the work of you the software would not be that great
So, now I am going to reveal the new features. If something is not working as excepted, feel free to mail me, leave a comment or (preferred) submitting a bug on GitHub:
- With this version, downloading the latest master is possible again (There has been a change in the link on the LibreOffice side)
- Added a header to the built-in downloader. Hopefully I am going to get some statistics from the LibreOffice side….
- Version of the GUI can be determined now ( HK#4 )
- Hopefully it is now clear, what “Should a subfolder be created automatically” should mean… (HK#8)
- Shortcuts pointing to the soffice.exe of the last parallel installation can be created ( HK#10)
- Manager added ( HK #15 )
- Parallel installations can be deleted with the manager ( HK#13)
I really hope that this program will help you to enjoy testing the 4.1 master and the 4.0 beta1 of LibreOffice.
Florian Reisinger (Programmer and coordinator)