Do you know the BSA (Bug Submission assistant) at LibreOffice ?? For some people this is great, because
- it is much easier to file a bug compared to freedeskop. I have linked these two sites for better comparability…)
- It is more GUI, you can click on things and
- your OS and browser are detected automatically at LibreOffice BSA
I do think that there are some disadvantages too:
- You have to register to freedesktop
- Because there is no help, a bugs sometimes needs time to get helpful (NEEDINFO)
So I tried to code a personal BSA. It is neither official, nor is it sure it will ever be used, but I really want to know what YOU think. Please comment your view (BUT please also tell me, whether you are involved into the LibreOffice project and it would be YOUR turn to file the bugs to freedesktop!). Here you get the link to it: pBSA by me
- Bugs can also submitted in the native language.
- More bugs will be submitted ==> Might be false positive or duplicates…
- The LibreOffice community could be the first with a pBSA.
- Translation and manually filing needed
- No attachments possible ==> They could post a link or tell that they have a test file. A person could ask the submitter to send him the attachment personally
- More manpower needed
Finally, I insert here a survey (1 –> Best 5 –> Worst):